Create the prefect smile makeover
I am delighted with the veneers that I had fitted a few years ago which have stood the test of time. I was very impressed by the care and attention provided throughout the process, particularly in ensuring the right veneer shades were fitted.Lindsay Mitchell
Dental Veneers at West Malling, Kent
What are veneers?
Veneers are precision made tough, beautiful facings bonded to the fronts of your anterior teeth to correct stubborn discolouration and or to correct the shape of your teeth.
Our technicians create these Superstrong, Superthin (0.5mm), beautiful veneers which we bond to your teeth- transforming your smile.
These ‘Ultrathin veneers’ are exceptional because they preserve the maximum amount of your teeth, and are beautifully white, yet translucent- the light passing through them is the key factor in creating the most beautiful and natural appearance…
Veneers treatment plan
You will need to have at least two appointments if you have a porcelain veneer.
Tooth preparation, impression, shade taking.
- A composite veneer can be made in the surgery. The tooth must first be rough-ended then white filling material is built up in layers. This type of veneer is slightly more prone to staining and has a shorter life, but is more easily replaced.
- For porcelain veneers, some preparation is required. A local anaesthetic can be used but may not be necessary.
- A small amount of the enamel will need to be removed to ensure that the veneer can be permanently bonded into place. It will be of the same thickness as the veneer to be fitted, so that the tooth stays the same size.
- Once the tooth is prepared, your dentist will take an impression and a colour match from surrounding teeth. The veneer will then be made in the laboratory by a dental technician. Your dentist may fit you with a temporary veneer if this is necessary..
Fitting your porcelain veneer.
- Your dentist will show you the veneer before it is fiited to make sure that you are happy with it. The veneer is then bonded to your tooth with a tooth coloured cement.
- The finished veneer is polished, and the dentist checks to make certain that the ‘bite’ is comfortable. You must be careful for a few hours after fitting, whilst the cement finally hardens, then you can eat with them as you would your own natural teeth.